Thursday, March 16, 2017

Moral dilemma

A moral dilemma is when you have to chose between right or wrong. Or you have a set back in your life. Moral dilemmas can come on many different times or ways in your lifetime. In our first book, That Was Then, This Is Now, by S.E. Hinton, is based on two "brothers" and how they chose to live their life. Byron is faced with the struggle of finding out that his brother, Mark, is dealing drugs. He made the decision to call the cops and get his brother into jail. He knew it was the right thing but it would be very hard to throw your brother under the bus, and thats something you cant take back. He solved the dilemma by doing what he knew was the right thing to do. In our second book, The Outsiders, also by S.E. Hinton, is about two gangs that are totally different. Ponyboy, a 14 year old boy, is living as his brother as a dad. He runs away from the family, and hides,  because him and his friend had just killed someone. Although i'm not finished with the book, the moral dilemma is him trying to turn himself back into a young boy without making himself look like a fool. He solved the dilemma by saving some kids in a fire, then going to the hospital and the public finding him. If I was in any of these situations I would by very scared and I think that all of these characters are very brave. I think Byron made the best out of the situation. It would be so hard to put your best friend and brother in that situation. I also think that Ponyboy could have done something a little more beneficial, but he did what he thought was right.

8 comments:

  1. This blog makes me so want to read both of these books. Is Ponyboy avtually his real name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you described the books! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you keep the question going on so it was not just a short answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This I think would have been very heartfelt book and it seems like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you said "brothers"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that it would be hard to turn in your best friend, brother almost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you put a lot of detail and effort into describing everything. I also like your vocabulary and the way you put things.

    ReplyDelete