2. If I did not learn about Mark Twain before coming to Hannibal I would have no idea what I was learning about. It helped me realize what I was walking through and what I was working with. At first, I was not excited about this but it was so much fun and I am glad we did it and learned about him.
3. One thing I learned on the riverboat was about Lovers Leap. How the boy and the girl were falling in love and he said something that she did not like and then she fell off the cliff and died. Now it has an American flag on the top of the cliff. I also learned about numerous floods that happened on the river and about Islands that Mark wrote about. I could easily see how Tom would want to go over to the islands and play with his friends.
4. Things that I learned at the Boyhood Home and Museum were that the people of Hannibal were going to make a statue of Mark Twain and such but they could not raise the one million dollars to do it. I also learned that in Huck Finn's house there were 10 people that lived in his house. Also the mattresses were made out of rope. That is crazy!
5. I learned lots of things from Nathan, but 2 of them were that the tightest part of the cave is called the lemon squeeze and it is 17 inches wide. Another thing was when Tom and Becky were exploring the cave they did not have any light and he demonstrated that. That part was kind of scary and it's crazy that is where they were! It is really cool that so many people now get to see and walk in something that people in the 1800's discovered. The caves were so cool to see and I would definitely go back through them again.
6. My favorite part of the trip was the caves because it was fun to see where Mark got all of his ideas! It was also just fun to walk around and see all of these cool natural things. I liked hearing all of his stories too.
7. The most fun part for me was the caves and also getting ice cream with all of my friends was really fun! I also really enjoyed going up to the lighthouse. These were all fun because we got to spend time with our friends while learning.
8. If I would improve one thing about the trip it would be we would all sit together on the boat and share what we learned just we could really get the most out of the experience.